Makai Mathari is a Indian dish, which is popular in Rajasthan. It is a kind of flaky biscuit from north-west region of India.Its main ingredients are flour, water and many more. Mathri is served with mango, chilli or lemon pickle along with tea.It is also served at poojas and marriage ceremony.It is one of the most popular snacks in North India.The creation of this snack was influenced by the need to have preserved food that will stay edible for days and the finished products are often stored in big jars at room temperature. Masala Mathri is a variant of Mathri with spices added to make it more crispy.
Ingredients to make Makai Mathari:
1. 1 cup of crushed corn.
2. 1 cup of Rice powder.
3. 2 cups of Wheat flour.
4. 1/2 cup of Maida (All Purpose Flour).
5. 1/2 cup of Besan(Gram Flour)
6. 1/2 cup of Semolina(Suzie)
7. 1 teaspoon of Red chilli powder(Lal morich gura).
8. 1 teaspoon of Garam masala.
9. 2 teaspoon of Roasted white seasame seeds(Til)
10. 1 tablespoon of Hot oil for frying.
11. Salt, Green chillies, Ginger,Garlic according to taste.
These ingredients are need to make Makai Mathati.
How to prepare Makai Mathati:
1. At first Mix all the flours together in a bowl and add crushed corn.
2. Then add chillies, ginger,salt, red chilli powder, garam masala, roasted til and add 1 tablespoon hot oil to the flour.
3. Mix all the ingredients and make a dough of puri unity.
4. ensure that you do not crush the corn too much as the dough will become very loose.
5. Now take rest for 10 minutes. Again knead well and make small balls.
6. Roll flat puries out of it and Pierce it with a fork so that it does not fluff.
7. Deep fry it on low heat till it becomes golden or brown.
8. After frying let it to cool and then served it.
You can Eat Makai Mathati with any chicken Items